In this article of protein powder for women, we shall discuss the best low carbohydrate protein bars.
Low Carbohydrate Protein Bars
To find a healthy and friendly food for your body is a hard nut to crack. You can devote your time to prepare a meal but your busy life will become a hurdle in this regard. The person finds himself in a difficult situation in which he becomes weak from hunger and unable to think. You will love to have a snack which fulfills your hunger and will not make any harm to your progress. Then you need to enter the term “Low Carbohydrate Protein Bars” or ”low carb protein bars”.
Low carbs and high protein bars have become the new fitness trend for everyone. It is an easy task for you to carry a wrapped bar in your gym bag, purse and a car. It is a lot easier than carrying an ice, whey and blender in case of emergency. There are several companies which are coming up with new miracle protein bars. They have a low carb but have sufficient amount of protein with their delicious taste. It includes the flavor of chocolate chip cookie.
- Banana Nut Muffin Bars are great by themselves but can also be baked into a delicious meal, dessert or breakfast treat, Packaing May Vary
- 20g Protein, 4g Net Carbs, 2g Sugars, 15g Dietary Fiber, 180 Calories, 6g Fat
- No Added Sugar - Sweetened with Erythritol and Stevia
- Contains Dried Bananas, Almonds, Walnuts and Natural Flavors
- All Natural, Gluten and Soy Free; Includes 12 Quest Banana Nut Muffin Protein Bars
- Every bite of our Chunky Peanut Butter bar is chock full of wholesome roasted peanuts covered in delicious milk chocolate.
- 20g of protein with 0g of sugar
- Gluten free and low glycemic
- 2.1 ounce/60g bars (pack of 10)
- Twelve 1.76-ounce all-natural nutrition bars loaded with peanut butter flavor (total of 21.12 ounces)
- Made from soy protein; soy helps protect against heart disease and helps improve bone health
- Contains no sugar; sweetened with sugar alternative; only 2g net impact carbs
- Baked to have light crispy taste and texture; 20g protein and 190 calories
- Made in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Provides 100% absorption of protein
- Provides sustained hunger satisfaction without any heaviness
- Ideal for pre and post-workout, and is a great protein source for children
- Creme filled wafer cookie
- 12 Flavors Ea w/20g Of Egg White or GrassFed Beef or Organic Plant Protein (Gluten Free)
- From 150 Calories+, 5 Net Carbs+, Almost All Carbs From Organic Prebiotic Fiber
- Organic Prebiotics & Probiotics For Improved Digestion/Appetite Curbing (From 1g Sugar)
- Curbs Appetite Up To 4 hrs Without Bloating / Monk Sweetened / Soy Free / GMO Free
- Stay Fresh Technology Naturally Preserves Bars Up To 18 Months (Low Water Activity)
What are Net Carbs
If you want to know that how food companies are able to produce low carbohydrate protein bars, you need to go through the difference between “total carbs” and “net carbs”. When you consume carbohydrates, they become glucose and can be used as fuel. If you consume carbs more than your requirement, your body will store it as a glycogen in liver and muscles. The rest of the carbs will become fat. There are different simple carbs such as sugar and refined starches which you can absorb quickly. Additionally, there are several complex carbs including vegetables and whole grains that contain a lot of fibre.
This fibre goes through your digestive system slowly. Food manufacturers have introduced us to a new category of carbs that is, “net carbs”. Net carbs are devoid of those carbs which do not have any impact on insulin levels. They also do not have any impact on blood sugar. You do not need to do any type of calculations for you because food companies are doing it for you. New protein bars are not low in total carbs but they are low in net carbs. How can they get such low levels of net carbs then you need to know what is IMO and thank it.
What are IMOs (isomalto-oligosaccharides)
They are a part and parcel of low carb or low carbohydrate protein bars. In addition, they are also a replacement for simple sugar. The companies try to make it sweet, chewy and pleasant so that you can eat it easily and they are low net-carb. IMOs are a product of starch and starches are polymers, therefore, they consist of various glucose molecules together by chemical bonds. These polymers further are broken down into shorter chains and we call them oligosaccharides.It is also said that they pass through the intestines without affecting it and they do not cause any insulin spike as well. They do not give rise to sugar in the form of carbs.
IMOs are available in different foods such as soy sauce and honey. However, if you find any high IMOs in any low carb protein bar, it means that they are not natural. They create it in the lab by using enzyme-catalyzed hydrolysis. In a nutshell, IMOs are a dream of every dieter. Prebiotic fibre stands for a healthy gut and we know that this gut is like a second brain. It is critical for our health too. If we eat those low carbohydrate protein bars or low carbs which are hard to digest, they will not appeal you anymore.
Are Carbs Really Undigestible?
When we go through IMOs then we come to know that they are not as difficult to digest as we think. The research shows that all of the prebiotic fibre is not digestible but some of them are.
Replacing Real Food with Low Carbohydrate Protein Bars
The protein bars may be as low-carb as we think but it does not mean that they are not healthy or you should not eat them again. It is an easy task to get into the habit of replacing the real food with protein bars. Whether it is necessary or not. There are some people who give preference to a chocolate brownie flavored snack rather than a plate of meat and vegetables. It shows that they are cheating on their diet. These protein bars are not good for you in the sense of food because they do not have the real food qualities but you can use them.
There are some people for whom sugar is an addiction. There are some of the people cut them out to get over the desire of sugar. Additionally, you may find those individuals who do not like sweets. The addiction is a natural thing when we consume sugar because it releases the neurotransmitter serotonin. The neurotransmitter serotonin makes you happy so this is the reason of addiction. When someone starts associating sweets or sugar with happiness then he desires for it. We can quote the example of a formal smoker, he should not smoke, sugar addicts should not eat sweets.
Even if you will use an artificial sweetener or low-calorie things, it will open the floodgate. Therefore, there is no need to make things harder, otherwise, it will become a hurdle in your diet.
Conclusion of Low Carbohydrate Protein Bars
To conclude this topic, we want to inform you that they made it with IMOs therefore, it would not make you fat. It is better you keep a distance from these low carbohydrate protein bars because they can become addicting. Another thing you have to keep in mind that they are processed food. That is why they cannot fulfill the requirement of real food. At times, you can consume them but do not crave for it or make it your habit.