In this article of best protein powders for women, we shall discuss the best protein powders for breastfeeding moms or mothers.
Best Protein Powders for Breastfeeding Moms
First of all, we want to congratulate you on your child or baby. We are of the view that things are becoming hard and crazy for you now. Additionally, you may feel weak, hormonal as well as tired. You do not need to worry about this condition because we have a solution for you. Being a mom or mother is a full-time job and you do not get time to breathe and you do not get enough time to reshape your body. It includes the span of breastfeeding or nursing.
After going through this information or guide, you will be able to use protein powders in order to make healthy tasty and healthy protein shakes. It will also teach you that why do you need a protein powder while nursing or breastfeeding. If you are having protein shakes for breastfeeding moms, so it is the best way to fulfill the need for the nutrients. You can easily feed two hungry mouths and you will be able to get your body into shape.
Quick Answer to Your Question of Best Protein Powders for Breastfeeding Moms or Nursing Mothers.
- Best Tasting Protein Powders for Breastfeeding moms – Ideal Lean Protein Powder for Women
- The Best Vegan Protein Powders for Breastfeeding moms – OrGain Organic Protein
- Best High-Quality Protein Powders for Breastfeeding moms – Her Natural Whey
But you need to go through this article to make it right for you. This article will teach you to select the best protein powders for breastfeeding moms or mothers.
First of all, you need to know that protein shakes are 100% healthy while breastfeeding or nursing. Additionally, we shall also share our favorite recipe or the best protein shakes for breastfeeding moms or mothers as a bonus. Our selection of protein powders or protein shakes is replete with vitamins and nutrients that a breastfeeding mother needs. It will also keep you and your child or baby healthy. It will also give rise to the boost of energy and you can also lose extra pounds and you will become fit and lean.
We are going to show you our best picks for best female protein powders for breastfeeding moms.
Are Protein Powders for Breastfeeding moms safe?
If you are having a question in your mind that whether the protein powders or protein shakes are safe for moms and their babies. The simple answer to that question is yes.
Protein powders are 100% safe for breastfeeding or nursing moms. Protein is a part and parcel for you when you consume it as a new mother. It is also called a building block for our body. There are some benefits of protein which are as below.
- It improves the ability to concentrate.
- It boosts energy levels.
- Gives birth to new cells.
- It builds and repairs tissues.
- It also stabilizes your blood sugar levels.
There are several protein benefits which are evident. If you mix that protein powders along with nutrients, extra vitamins and supplements, you will get a healthy shake and it will turn you into a super-healthy mother or mom. Protein powders for breastfeeding moms will reduce your tummy and it is also safe for your baby. Therefore, you do not need to worry about protein shake because it is safe for breastfeeding mothers. When you breastfeed then you have to ensure that you are eating for two persons. So you have to make sure that you are having a healthy diet. That is why you have to pay attention to what you are drinking and eating. Let’s see what they put in a protein shake that makes it healthy and all the protein powders for breastfeeding moms or mothers are not equal.
According to WebMD, there is nothing secret or magical in your diet during the period of breastfeeding. So you want to have a healthy diet without taking stress about the diet. In fact, there are several breastfeeding mothers who make their diet complicated so they should keep it simple as well as healthy. The human body is a perfect machine whether you believe it or not, your body has the ability to produce the quality milk during the breastfeeding without considering your diet. As far as you are taking semi-healthy diet, your body will produce milk from the breast of the highest quality. It happens due to our amazing biology, our bodies make sure that we should give the best to our babies. The question arises that then why do you need extra healthy diet during breastfeeding? The answer to this question is you.
As far as you are eating a semi-healthy diet, you have the ability to produce the highest quality milk. It will make your little angel able to eat like a queen or king. Therefore, you have to eat healthy food and also take a good care of yourself and you can do it by having your veggies and fruits. It is because an unhealthy mom becomes an unhappy mother as well. If you will take an unhealthy diet, it will affect the quantity as well as the quality of your breastfeeding milk. It will also lead a negative impact on your body because you will become hormonal, weak and tired.
Eat Healthy while Breastfeeding for you
There are three important reasons behind focusing on a healthy diet during breastfeeding.
1: Health of the child
We have already discussed earlier that as far as you are having a healthy diet, your child will be healthy and you do not need to stress about it.
2: Losing Weight
If you merge the healthy diet along with exercise, it is a smart move to shed the baby fat. Additionally, if you will eat a healthy diet, you are making sure that your body will return to its previous shape (pre-pregnancy form). Studies display that women who indulge in semi-actively exercises and eat healthy can lose up to 2 lbs a week during breastfeeding.
After becoming a mother, you have to pay heed to yourself in order to boost your health that you need. Breastfeeding is a task in which you have to work as well as eat for two. If you take any wrong step it will end in nausea, agitation and exhaustion, therefore, do not try to screw yourself. The rule is simple, eat good and feel good. In order to get these three important things, you need to eat a healthy amount of complex carbs, protein, unsaturated fats and plenty of vitamins as well as minerals. You can easily consume all these things in a normal healthy diet. You have to think about fruits, veggies, lean meat, nut and healthy carbs.
It is the reason that protein powders make your life so much easy. In addition, they also help you to consume a plenty of nutrients and vitamins and it makes this process simple. In the end, it makes your baby healthy and happy.
Pros of Protein Powders While Breastfeeding
Firstly, when you have protein shakes during breastfeeding, it will keep you strong. Protein supplements can become a great way to give you a quick result. But you have to keep in mind that all the protein supplements are not good for breastfeeding mothers. We do not suggest eating protein bars. It is because there are several healthy options available in the market. Protein bars are replete with sugars, fats and other ingredients which can affect the quality of your breastmilk in a negative way. P.S these bars often consist of a plenty of calories which may contain herbal products as well. Therefore, you should keep these items at arm’s length from your body.
On the contrary, protein powders have less sugar and they can easily couple with other healthy foods and turn them into power-shakes. It is the reason that protein shakes for breastfeeding mothers are great. It will give you a health boost in a convenient way and you will also find it tasty.
Stop! Do not Just Rely on Protein Powders
We have discussed that protein powders are safe for breastfeeding moms but you need to keep in mind that they are supplements. They are an ADD ON to a healthy diet, therefore, you cannot replace it with real or healthy food. It is an important point to keep in mind while having protein powders. In addition, you have to take chicken, beef, vegetables and nuts and other foods which are rich in protein along with protein shakes. You can aim for one super-healthy protein shake daily from our pickups.
5 Best Protein Powders for Breastfeeding Mothers in 2018
- 80 Calories
- 20g Protein
- 0 Fat / Sugar / Carbs
- 100% Whey Protein Isolate
- Deliciously Smooth Taste
- Includes 1 (2.03lb) Organic Plant Based Creamy Chocolate Fudge Protein Power
- Ideal for healthy, on-the-go nourishment for busy professionals, moms, athletes and students
- 21g Organic Plant Based Protein, 5g Organic Fiber, 3g Net Carbs, 150 Calories per Serving
- Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy Free
- USDA Organic
- 20 grams of protein per serving from grass fed cows free of rBGH
- Natural flavors and gluten free
- Only 3 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fat per serving
- Protein shakes for women with NO artificial sweeteners
- Supports lean muscle tissue and fat loss
- Contains (1) jar of 16 ounces of Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix in chocolate. Supports healthy skin, bone health, energy metabolism, muscle health.(1) Provides digestive health support & immune health support.(1)
- Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix contains a nutrient blend that address the key nutritional needs of women to help you look and feel your best. Get the nutrition you need to support a healthy body from the inside out.(1)
- Quality, consistency & scientific research has resulted in vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence. Using the latest breakthroughs in nutritional science & the finest ingredients, we provide supplements of unsurpassed quality & value.
- Every Nature's Bounty product is subjected to numerous quality tests throughout the manufacturing process to verify purity and potency. The ingredients & final product are tested in our microbiological laboratory to make certain that the product is pure.
- Our supplements are overseen by scientists, manufacturing specialists and quality experts, each dedicated to maintaining the highest quality standards. Nature's Bounty only uses ingredients from suppliers that meet GMP supplement quality standards.
- DELICIOUS VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Beauty Protein Vegan is delicious, high protein, low carb, and designed to enhance your beauty & health from head to toe! Beauty Protein tastes great and mixes easy into your favorite smoothies, shakes, yogurt, tea/coffee and other drinks!
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR, SKIN, & NAILS: Contains high-quality vegan protein powder blend and other essential nutrients like biotin, b vitamins, horsetail, and saw palmetto that promote healthy hair growth, glowing skin, and stronger nails.
- HEALTHY BODY & FIT MUSCLES: Contains a healthy dose of protein which is essential for healthy muscle growth, a fit body, and healthy metabolism.
- NUTRITIOUS: Contains 11 Grams of protein/serving, only 60 calories/serving, ZERO sugar. Also gluten free, soy free, and non-GMO. (14 servings per package)
- CREATED BY NUTRITION & HEALTH EXPERT: The creator of Beauty Protein, Dr. Phoenyx Austin, M.D., is a best-selling author of "If You Love It, It Will Grow: A Guide To Healthy, Beautiful Natural Hair" and certified Sports Nutrition Specialist who loves providing women with high-quality nutritional supplements for a FIT and BEAUTIFUL body.
- All Natural and OB/GYN Approved
- 20 grams of Protein per serving
- Vitamin B6 (may soothe morning sickness nausea) and Life's DHA (vegetarian source)
- Gluten Free -- Soy Free -- Dairy Free
- Water Soluble
The Best Protein Shake for Breastfeeding Mothers
Also search for our top blender for protein shakes, we are doing all the hard work for you to give you best blending options.
So you need to remember that healthy breastmilk is healthy and you cannot get a magic food which will replace your breastmilk with some super-healthy magic food for your baby. Keeping this point in our mind, we are focusing on the needs of breastfeeding mothers and trying to give them what nutrients they need. After having these nutrients, you will feel energized and balanced and it will make sure that your baby is well fed, healthy and happy. This shake consists of all of them.
One Scoop Protein Powder
We give preference to IdealLean Vanilla, as far as it is on our list then you are fine.
One Cup Sugar Free Almond Milk
There are some moms who prefer the milk of cow but specialists give a warning because they think that the babies may get an allergic reaction from dairy. If you want to try the milk of cow, go for it but we love almond milk for breastfeeding moms because they are rich in proteins, fiber and lipids. They give a natural and healthy boost of energy to our body and it is an important task for new mothers isn’t it?
Half an Avocado
They are known as one of the most amazing foods in the world and they add a great flavor to your shake. It gives you a nice boost of health with consistency. A half of avocado has the ability to provide you 15 grams of amazing mono-saturated fats and they are a part and parcel of a healthy diet.
Teaspoon Camu Camu
It is not a famous fruit yet it is one of the greatest sources of Vitamin C in the whole world. One teaspoon of it consists of as much Vitamin C as sixty oranges FYI Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. It helps your body to face stress, cough and motherhood as well.
One Cup Blueberries
It is replete with benefits, blueberries are a home of health and like Vitamin C they are also rich in antioxidants. In addition, they also fight with hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy and it also restores your balance and brings you back to peace.
One Cup Kale or Spinach
There function seems to be different but they are also serving the same purpose in the best protein powders for breastfeeding moms. It helps to shed your weight and both kale and spinach are leafy greens which lack calories. They will put you on the right path and supercharge your body.
Another piece of advice that we do not think that this breastfeeding shake needs any thickening because we have avocados for that purpose. There are some women who like the classic milkshake, therefore, you can add 3-5 ice cubes.
We can say that these shakes are the gift of God and they will give your body a boost of energy as well as balance. If you do not like the flavor, you should go for different combinations and remove different parts out of it. Additionally, add some fruits you may like but you need to stay away from simple carbs, sugars and polyunsaturated fats.
There is another point you need to remember that if these protein shakes are new to you then you need to give them time for adaptation. It is because refined sugars can act as a drug because they are highly toxic as well as addictive. If you used to have a plenty of refined sugar, it will take time up to few weeks to get a taste of it. It is an important task to do as a mother. In this way, you will put yourself on the track of being healthy and fit after having healthier flavors and you need to trust in it.
Conclusion of the Best Protein Powders for Breastfeeding Moms
It’s the formula: a healthy mother = a happy baby
And do not forget you are a new mom and it is an important thing to do. You are not responsible for the only person but two persons and you can combat this situation by doing one task that is to eat healthily. If you will have protein powders during breastfeeding, you will give an opportunity to your body so that it can nourish. It can happen because of a tasty shake in a convenient way.
After picking the protein, you should give a try to our picks. We ensure you that it will boost your health and it is required in the early stages of motherhood or you can say breastfeeding. If you will apply the given information in this article, it will be possible that your baby will eat healthily and you, as a mother will feel healthy. Additionally, you will also get rid of additional fat on your body and will become healthy and fit. Share your views, if we are missing anything in breastfeeding kindly share your opinions.
Note: This article is up to date and published after research but nothing is better than the advice or recommendation of a medical professional or nutritionist. Please ensure that you consult your doctor before taking any step related to health. Break a leg to you and your baby.